Monday 21 September 2015

Maths prove it.

WALT: Generalise properties of multiplication and and division with whole numbers.

My solo level is extended abstract because I can show how to do it and I think that I can teach other people.

Here are some examples of what I was learning.
4+7=7+4  That is called commutative.
n+0=n That is called identity.
3+(7+29)=(3+7)+29 That is called associative.
a*(B+C)=(a*b)+(a*c) That is called distributive.

Also here is some pictures of what I did.The answer is identity because adding 0 to a number doesn't change a number.


 The answer to this is associative because when 3 or more numbers are multiplied, the product is the same regardless of the grouping of the factors.



My next step will be to have a teacher conference and find a new maths goal.



No comments:

Post a Comment