Wednesday 23 November 2016

Music

I can describe the characteristics of music in songs from the past and present and from different genres.

Over the past 9 weeks I have been learning to describe the characteristics of music from songs of various times and genres.


I can name and define these characteristics of music… (list them below and explain what they are)


1. Melody- A line of notes to put to make a tune. The antecedent comes first and the consequent comes after that. It is also the part that gets stuck in your head. The melody is in the chorus because that is the part of the song that gets stuck in your head.
2.Harmony- When lots of notes are put together to make a sound.  There is minor harmony that is a sad song and major is a happy song.
3.Rhythm- A repeated sounds that change speed.
4.Timbre- Special sound that makes the voice/ instrument sound unique.
5.Form- The layout and structure of the music. It is broken into parts, they are chorus, verses and a bridge.


What did you find most interesting during this topic.
I found Timbre interesting because I never knew what it was and now I do.

Which characteristic do you find yourself picking up on when listening to your own music now?
When I listen to my own music I often hear melody because it is always the mart that gets stuck in my head.


Here is an example of my learning-

No comments:

Post a Comment